In March 2011 the NANM was named as the UK partner for the EU Media4Me project. Together, partners from across Europe, are running a programme supporting neighbourhoods with high levels of ethnic diversity to use social media to improve communication between communities and with local public sector bodies.
Media4ME is a project funded by the European Union, and led in the UK by the National Association for Neighbourhood Management and Social Reporter. It will be supported throughout 2012. The neighbourhoods team at Milton Keynes Borough Council have agreed to be the local partner and the focus of activity is in the Fishermead neighbourhood.
The International Media4ME project is about:
- Supporting local people who are using media for the benefit of the community
- Helping people learn new skills around media and communication
- Enabling public agencies and community organisations improve communications too
Media4ME projects in the UK and across Europe
The project in Fishermead, Milton Keynes, is linked to similar projects in Holland, Belgium, Czech Rep, Romania and Italy. So getting involved here means participants will also be able to share experiences with similar people from across Europe.
The project partners are:
- Mira Media (The Netherlands) – Consortium lead (You can translate the page into English, or another language, using the Google Translate drop down menu in the right hand column)
- Vlaams Steunpunt Nieuwe Geletterdheid, LINC vzw (Belgium, Flanders)
- Media Animation (Belgium, Wallonia),
- Multicultural Institute (Czech Republic),
- ActiveWatch – Media Monitoring Agency (Romania)
- MIER/COSPE (Italy),
- National Association for Neighbourhood Management (UK)
Project news and updates
- Media4ME in Fishermead – project story and update January 2013 Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- Media4ME – supporting digital inclusion in BME neighbourhoods Tuesday, April 12, 2011